The Merry Widow – Dance Audition
DANCERS CASTING INFORMATION
Opera Queensland is seeking one experienced male dancer and one experienced female dancer for its upcoming season of The Merry Widow directed and choreographed by Graeme Murphy.
ROLES AND CASTING CRITERIA
- We are seeking 1 x Male Dancer approx. 5’ 8”- 5’ 11” AND 1 x Female Dancer approx. 5’2″ – 5’8″
- Technically advanced, professional dancers with strong ballet technique. Advanced skills and stage experience in ballet, contemporary or commercial theatre dance performance. Note that male dancers must be competent at partnering and lifting.
BRISBANE SEASON: Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Lyric Theatre
- Production Rehearsals commence: 28 May 2018
- Dancer Rehearsals commence: 11 June 2018
- Stage rehearsals commence: 14 June 2018
- Performances: 7 performances from 22 June- 30 June 2018 as follows:
– Friday 22 June 7:30pm
– Saturday 23 June 1:30pm and 7:30pm
– Wednesday 27 June 6:30pm (twilight)
– Thursday 28 June 7:30pm
– Saturday 30 June 1:30pm and 7:30pm
Auditions for this role will be held at Opera Queensland on Friday, 23 February 2018
PAY & TERMS
Dancers will be engaged by Opera Queensland on a weekly salary for three weeks in accordance with their commensurate level of experience under the Terms and Conditions of the Live Performance Award 2010.
A finalised production schedule will be available closer to the commencement of the season; the following dates are provisional and subject to confirmation at the time of contracting. Studio rehearsals for the dancers will commence from Monday 11 June 2018 and dancers must be fully available for all rehearsal calls and performances in the following three weeks, including Saturdays.
CASTING & SUBMISSIONS
Dancers should urgently forward their CV, headshot, height and expression of interest to Opera Queensland’s Creative Producer Erica Fryberg at email@example.com. For further details, phone Erica on (07) 3735 3041 or 0407 300 336.
Image by Jeff Busby, courtesy of Opera Australia.