An exciting opportunity has become available to work for one of Australia’s major performing Arts companies, Opera Queensland; an organisation dedicated and passionate about making opera an integral part of Queensland life.
About Opera Queensland
At Opera Queensland we enrich the lives of our diverse audience by creating thrilling opera, with exceptional artists and partners, courageously supporting and advancing the art form.
Located in the heart of Brisbane’s South Bank cultural precinct, Opera Queensland enjoys creative partnerships with multiple arts organisations, festivals and presenters across and beyond Queensland. In this role you will contribute to the vibrancy and sustainability of the company by soliciting major gifts from philanthropic and corporate interests and building long-term meaningful relationships between high level donors and Opera Queensland.
Purpose of this role:
As Development Manager you will take the lead in a growing division. This role should entice an individual that will relish the opportunity to grow this department to new heights, foraging for new and exciting relationships, and shaping our development team. You will be central to the ongoing growth of the organisation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Understand the profile of current donors and their relationship to Opera Queensland and develop, maintain and enhance Opera Queensland’s relationship with existing partners and donors
- Develop Individual Major Gift donors prospect plans and identify new prospects employing a range of cultivation strategies to build and maintain effective, long-lasting relationships
- Research potential partnership and sponsorship opportunities across corporate, private and community sectors
- Regular reports of work in progress, key contacts, proposals, feedbacks and sponsorships.
- Close working relationship with the Executive Director and Artistic Director/CEO and other members of the team as well as the direct supervision of a Development Support Officer
Desired Experience, Qualifications and qualities:
- Solid experience in developing and fundraising, demonstrable success, including cultivation, gift closing and stewardship
- High level research and communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to set priorities, work to deadlines, in cooperation with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to think innovatively, conceptually and analytically in order to explore new opportunities
- Negotiation and persuasion skills with particular emphasis on dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds and levels
- Digitally-savvy including experience using CRM systems and understanding of their relationship to customer retention and expansion
- Willingness to take hands on and cooperative role, supporting the vision of Opera Queensland.
A full copy of the position description is available HERE.
Please note: this is a full-time position with the willingness to discuss flexible working options for the right candidate.
If you have the passion and qualifications to drive new levels of success and a willingness to take a hands on and cooperative approach to support the work of Opera Queensland, please email your application including your current CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages demonstrating your suitability for this role marked for the attention of Sandra Willis, Executive Director Opera Queensland to email@example.com no later than midday on Monday 10 September 2018.