We think these superstitions are quite mad…just like our production of Ruddigore, or the Witch’s Curse!
- You should always cover your mouth while yawning so your spirit doesn’t leave you and the devil never enters your body.
- Stop the clock in a death room or you will have bad luck.
- If you smell roses when none are around someone is going to die.
- If a bird pecks on your window or crashes into one, there has been a death.
- If a picture falls off a wall, there will be a death of someone you know.
- Having only red & white flowers together in a vase (especially in a hospital) means a death will soon follow.
- Dropping an umbrella on the floor or opening one in the house means that there will be a murder in the house.
- A dog howling at night when someone in the house is sick is a bad omen. It can be reversed by reaching under the bed & turning over a shoe.
- If several deaths occur in the same family, tie a black ribbon to everything left alive that enters the house, even dogs & chickens. This will protect them against deaths spreading further.
Ruddigore, or the Witch’s Curse!
14 – 29 JULY | PLAYHOUSE, QPAC
$25 – $130*